Clovis was the leader of a group of renegade replicants. Highly intelligent and eloquent, Clovis was a former space soldier who is extremely ruthless, unpredictable and at times, capable of extreme acts of aggression.
|Your history isn't over yet. There's still a page left.|
If McCoy did not side with the replicants, he either retired Clovis or allowed him to expire aboard the Moonbus. If McCoy joined the replicants' cause, he saved Clovis and his friends from death with DNA data fragments he retrieved from various Tyrell scientists. If McCoy fled the city, Clovis' ultimate fate was unknown.
Behind the scenes
"The leader of the Replicants, he fancies himself the classic warrior-poet. If that means he's graceful, strong, intelligent, and cool, well he just might be right. Clovis is Nexus 6 and that's all you really need to know."
―Behind the Scenes booklet[src]
Clovis, as a character, bears a striking resemblance to Roy Batty in the 1982 film. His situation and actions mirrored Roy in many ways:
- Both are fugitive replicant leaders with highest possible intelligence and physiques
- Both are eloquent and like to cite poems
- Both are nearing the end of their life, and are seeking ways to enlengthen it for themselves and for their kind
- Both are very protective of their loved ones.
- If McCoy is loyal to Blade Runner's cause and retires confirmed replicants without showing mercy, Clovis will break McCoy's fingers in revenge for his friends, just like what Roy did to Deckard
- Blade Runner (1997 game)