Spinner was a type of automobile used by the Los Angeles Police Department, used extensively by the police to survey the population. It was capable of driving on the ground or flying in the air.
- To be added.
Behind the scenesEdit
The spinner was designed by Syd Mead, appearing in Blade Runner, Soldier, Blade Runner (1997), and Blade Runner 2049. It has been replicated in films such as The Fifth Element and the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
References in popular culture Edit
- The film Back to the Future Part II paid homage to the Spinner from Blade Runner in that a garishly repainted spinner can be seen parked in a driveway. A spinner car also rests on the Hill Valley Street during the hoverboard chase.
- Another tribute to the Blade Runner spinner can be seen at various points in the Star Wars films Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Episode II: Attack of the Clones; the homage was made in part with regard to similarities between urban traffic of 2019 Los Angeles as portrayed in Blade Runner, and that of the city-planet Coruscant as depicted in the Star Wars prequel films.
- In the game Perfect Dark Zero, spinners can be seen in the skies over Hong Kong in the fourth level.
- BRmovie.com – Spinner collectibles
- TheForce.net – 3D Spinner model
- MattWalsh.com – Spinner blueprint