Blade Runner Timeline
- 1996 - As part of a new experimental military training program, codenamed "Soldier", orphaned infants are selected at birth and raised as highly disciplined soldiers with no understanding of anything but military routine. They are trained to be ruthless obedient killers, and all those considered to be physically or mentally unworthy are executed. The survivors are turned into impassive dedicated fighting machines with no exposure to or understanding of the outside world.
- July 2008 – The European Space Marine Corps is Established. The "Soldier" initiates are conscripted into this service.
- November –
- 2022 – The Blackout: Two replicants, Iggy Cygnus and Trixie, and replicant sympathizer Ren, in collaboration with the Replicant Freedom Movement, detonates an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) somewhere on the west coast of America, in order to erase the "Replicant Register", which has been used by a replicant-hating public to hunt down replicants themselves; the Blade Runner division has long been shut down. As a result, the world, mostly run by computers now, crashes. The pulse deletes or damages untold amounts of data and knocks out most of the planet’s financial institutions and industries. In the aftermath, food supplies dwindle to a dangerously low level. No-one is ever caught or takes responsibility for the blackout, and as a result, a terrified populace scapegoats synthetics.
- 2023 – A prohibition is placed on replicant production. All Nexus-6 models are decommissioned due to their 4-year lifespans. Due to the prohibition, Nexus-8 replicants are mandated to be retired, but some manage to go into hiding.
- 2024 – A group of colonists leave the Earth. They eventually reach a planet and start an Off-world Colony, Arcadia 234.
- 2025 Scientist Niander Wallace solves Earth's food crisis by genetically engineering new crop supplies. The Wallace Corporation experiences a surge in growth as a result.
- 2028 – The Wallace Corporation purchases the now defunct Tyrell Corporation.
- Niander Wallace upgrades genetic engineering to produce a new model of replicants, biorobotic beings that are more compliant and obedient than their predecessors.
- 2035 – A group of genetically-engineered soldiers, among them Caine 607, are sent to Colonel Mekum.
- 2036 – Replicant prohibition ends. The Wallace Corporation publicly releases the Nexus-9 Replicant model.
- All professions deemed inappropriate for humans are replaced by Nexus-9 replicants, from prostitutes to Blade Runners, the division of which has been reopened.
- To contend with global climate change, Los Angeles constructs the so-called "Sea Wall" to contain the rising waters. Human-Replicant tensions continue to escalate.
- 2048 - To be added.
- 2049 - To be added.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Soldier
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Blade Runner – all versions
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Blade Runner 2049
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 Road to 2049 timeline
- ↑ Blade Runner Black Out 2022
- ↑ 2048: Nowhere To Run